My Daily Bacon

Your inspirational special place where BACON and RockNRoll meet! Ahhhhh, just like it was meant to be.....

Saturday, September 30, 2006

You know it is going to be a great day when you start the day off with good friends and the best breakfast sandwich in the history of the breakfast sandwich-THE RISE AND SHINER. The Rise and Shiner (will be known as Shiner for the duration of My Daily Bacon) a regular old egg and cheese with your choice of meat (of course you should have it with bacon) on a nice bulky roll and this is where it gets special..... sandwiched right between the egg, cheese and bacon you slide in a deep fried hashbrown pattie! Yes it is divine-add a little salt and pepper and shazam, swine-orific yummies! I will be going to the home of The Shiner this weekend and will report in with photos next week.
It was a sun shiney day that started with good friends and bacon and ended with good friends and a special solo acoustic Jim James performance!!!
Kudos to the fine folks at Fader magazine who put on a great party celebrating their 40th issue with none other than our dearest Jim James of My Morning Jacket. Interestingly enough Jim James graces the cover of this celebrated new Fader issue with Young Jeezy! Jim James performed for about 35 sublime minutes at the beautiful Lower East Side holy place, Angel Orsanz Foundation. The pictures say enough (you can certainly tell which photo is from my cell phone...but I really liked how you can see the amazing alter Jim performed on). His solo acoustic performance featured a nice collection of Jacket songs including "Gideon", "What A Wonderful Man" and my favorite, "Bermuda Highway". I was in heaven.

I could honestly completely go off on my love for the Jacket and how much Jim James rules, but the next few months will be immensely Jacket-tastic, so I don't necessarily want to "blow my wad" here. I will tell you to run out to your local record store and purchase Okonokos, My Morning Jacket's brand-spankin new double live CD, or seek out the 4 record box set (yes 4 vinyl LPs). Mark your calendar for October 30th and hope you live in one of the dozen cities that will be screening the DVD of Okonokos, or wait the night out and hit your record store and buy the DVD! The album was recorded last Halloween at San Francisco's legendary Fillmore....Yes-it is an amazing recording.

The moral of the story today is:
Start the day out with bacon and you just might get to see Jim James!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home